Parents want to ensure that their children are safe and healthy. When it comes to foot care, this means making sure that your young (or not-so-young!) ones have the proper children’s shoes.
When trying to find the best shoes for your children, keep the following tips in mind:
- Kids’ footwear that is worn regularly should not be backless or slip-on models. Make sure they have Velcro, laces, or any other fastening system.
- Find shoes made from breathable materials.
- Do not purchase shoes with high heels for your child.
- Pick out styles that feature textured or patterned soles to prevent falling on slippery surfaces (especially for winter boots).
- Footwear should be both flexible (able to bend with the foot) and sturdy (for protection).
Hopefully these guidelines help as you look for children’s shoes that work best for your son or daughter, but we can provide further assistance if you need it.
Southern Tier Podiatry is the preferred source for child foot care in the Broome County, NY community, so contact us today. Either schedule your appointment with our Greater Binghamton area podiatry office online or call our professionals at (607) 217-5668 for more information.